[NTG-context] definefont (was: definefontfamily use)

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 17:49:49 CET 2019

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 17:32:41 +0100
Henning Hraban Ramm <texml at fiee.net> wrote:

> > What are the roles of "*default" and "sa 3" as these appear to be unnecessary?
>
> *default activates the default set of OpenType features.

Are not the default set of OpenType features activated by default?
(as the name might suggest...). Perhaps *no* features are selected, by default...
(a misnomer, therefore).

> sa 3 is the font size factor.

Of course, but how is it used?
In my example, I scale the text to a specific width, so I really don't care what font size is selected and would assume that the design optimal or "natural" size would be selected, by default.

Alan