[NTG-context] Scaling down symbols and emojis

User 19087 se.user19087 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:29:02 CET 2019

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 4:24 PM Wolfgang Schuster
<wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> When you need a switch for a smaller size which doesn’t has these
> limitations you can just create them:
>
> \definefontsize [m]
> \definefontsize [n]
>
> \setupbodyfontenvironment
>    [default]
>    [m=0.8,
>     n=0.6]

In case the current bodyfontenvironment overrides the smaller sizes is
it possible to define 'n' and 'm' in terms of 'x' and 'xx'?

% this should happen after \setupbodyfont so the correct values are fetched
\setupbodyfontenvironment
    [default]
    [m=\getcurrentbodyfontenvironment{x},
     n=\getcurrentbodyfontenvironment{xx}]

> > % This also works but is less than ideal when matching surrounding
> > font sizes.
> > % Which factor should I use to match \tfxx?
> > \symbol[ShortForty]
> > \scale[factor=4]{\symbol[ShortForty]}
> x = 0.8
> xx = 0.6

Or I use {\switchtobodyfont[...]\symbol[ShortForty]} in the document.
At that point the body font may have been switched to a size whose
environment defines different values for 'x' and 'xx'. Or perhaps the
current or default body font, via \definebodyfont, overrides the 'x'
and 'xx' sizes. In either case it would be more flexible to query the
current values of 'x' and 'xx' rather than hardcoding the values of
'n' and 'm'. Is something like this possible:

% provide size name ('xx', 'x', 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd') and contents
\define[2]\at_size_unrestricted{\switchtobodyfont[\getcurrentsize[#1]]#2}

thanks