[NTG-context] \startcolumns and multi-line footnotes

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 16 16:33:44 CET 2019

> On 16 Jan 2019, at 15:05, Otared Kavian <otared at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Taco,
>
> There two documents
> 	/context-minimal/tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals/notnow.pdf
> and
> 	/context-minimal/tex/texmf-context/doc/context/documents/general/manuals/pagecolumns.pdf
> written by Hans in which he says that long footnotes and columns cannot be treated correctly yet

Which is a tad annoying, as my example worked in both mkii and mkiv
just fine before the switch to the new mixed column system. It worked
ok for decades, in fact.

The weird bit here is that the new mixed columns do actually reserve
the correct amount of vertical space for the footnote, they just
seem to ‘forget’ to break the footnote into lines in the end.

Best wishes,
Taco