[NTG-context] Manipulating the left blank page when chapter starts on the right page

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 16:56:40 CET 2019

Jan U. Hasecke schrieb am 12.01.19 um 22:08:
> Hi Aditya,
>
> Am 12.01.19 um 20:11 schrieb Aditya Mahajan:
>> On Sat, 12 Jan 2019, Jan U. Hasecke wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> in my document \startchapter and \starttitle starts a new chapter on the
>>> right (odd) page. So sometimes, there is a blank even page just before a
>>> new chapter.
>>>
>>> I would like to manipulate this blank even page.
>>>
>>> There are several things I would like to do, eg. having no headers and
>>> footers, setting the background color to a named color, placing an image
>>> or some graphics on the page.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to define such a page, name it and call it in
>>> \startchapter so that it is placed on the left side.
>> See https://tex.stackexchange.com/q/457428/323
> Thanks a lot, but I wasn't looking for a way to just delete page numbers
> but to style the empty page in arbitrary ways.
>
> Maybe it is better to do this manually.
>
> I would let chapter open on even pages too and just insert a styled page
> by hand.

Here is a example which shows how you can change the background color
of a empty page before the chapter title.

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative=doublesided]

\startsetups [chapter:before]
   \doifoddpageelse
     {}
     {\pushbackground[page]
      \setupbackgrounds[page][background=color,backgroundcolor=black]
      \page[empty,right]
      \popbackground}
\stopsetups

\setuphead