[NTG-context] Processing XML file inside a zip file

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Fri Jan 11 04:42:43 CET 2019

Hi,

Is it possible to process an XML file inside a zip file without unzipping?

In particular, I have a program that generates zip files which look like
this:

The file `filename.zip` contains:
- filename.xml
- file_hash1.png
- file_hash2.png
etc.

Where `filename.xml` (the name matches the basename of the zip file) is
the main xml file and the `file_hash1.png` etc are png files that are
referred to inside the xml file.

If I unzip the file and add

\setupexternalfigures[directory={path-to-unzipped-folder]

then, I have an \startxmlsetups .. \stopxmlsetups environment that
correctly typesets the xml file. I believe that I have seen Hans post
snippets of code that suggest that context can directly read from a zip
file. So, I am wondering if there is a way that I can just call

context --magic-flags filename.zip

and obtain the correct output.

Thanks,
Aditya