[NTG-context] further experiments with lua

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 9 09:47:33 CET 2019

On 1/9/2019 8:43 AM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> I'm doing some further experiments with the utf and lpeg libraries. This
> code fails, and I don't understand why:
>
> local s = "Ä"
>
> print(characters.uccode(s))
>
> mtxrun --script test.lua
>
> ./test.lua:3: attempt to index global 'characters' (a nil value)
mtxrun has al the basic modules in it but not the character ones
(thinking of it, i can add an autoload for that, maybe i should do that)

so you need:

require "char-ini"

local s = "Ä"

print(characters.uccode(s))

which will load char-def.lua (you really don't want that in mtxrun.lua
embedded) and char-ini.lua