[NTG-context] unicode table in the fontloader

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Dec 13 23:32:56 CET 2018

Since 29.11  l-unicode.lua disables the slnunicode library with

unicode = nil

Functions from unicode.utf8 are used in various packages (latex and
plain). They are documented in the luatex manual. Simply disabling
them is not really an option for us. As we import l-unicode.lua
through the lualibs package, this means that I currently have to
revert the change manually. Would it be possible to disable the
table only in context?

Side question: are there any plans to remove the library from the
binary?

--
Ulrike Fischer
https://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/