[NTG-context] Monospace fallback kerning

Hans Åberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Tue Dec 11 21:35:01 CET 2018

> On 11 Dec 2018, at 21:18, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:
>
> On 12/11/18 3:05 PM, Hans Åberg wrote:
>> In the example below, multiple spaces do not use the spacing of the
>> fallback font for multiple spaces, but instead of the main font it
>> seems, despite the ASCII U+0020 being in the forced override. So the
>> question is how to force ConTeXt to use the fallback font also for
>> multiple spaces.
> Hi Hans,

Hello,

> what are you trying to do?

Using monospace to make some computer code stand out as such. It would suffice with select portions, though, like some keywords.

> Sorry, but I’m afraid that ConTeXt doesn’t spaces as glyphs.

Right, but for a monospace font in verbatim mode, one might expect it. Maybe there should be a monospace option for the fallback.

> Would it be easier that you use a proper mono font for typing?

Do you have any suggestions? —There is no such font covering the several thousands of glyphs used in math, and I am not sure it would help readability. Monospace somehow got popular for code in the ASCII range.