[NTG-context] Issues using publications subsystem for non-bibliographic database

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Sat Dec 8 04:51:47 CET 2018

You can place references rendered as you need, not necessarily in one
single bibliography list, but they must be rendered somewhere,
otherwise numbering and cross-referencing is meaningless. In the case
of footnote references, each footnote contains a rendering (not a
citation) of a fragment of the list.

You are thinking too much in a standard frame, and I'm not sure what
you want to accomplish.

One "other use" case that I make is a catalog of hundreds of
mesophases. I "cite" them and their various properties throughout the
text, an my "list rendering" has become an index.

Alan