[NTG-context] commands manual (setup-en.pdf) organized by topic

Jan U. Hasecke juh+ntg-context at mailbox.org
Thu Dec 6 07:30:06 CET 2018

> You can get a list of the files with
>
>   context --extra=setups --list
>
> and create a document with a limited number of commands
> from certain categories with
>
>   context --extra=setups delimitedtext,narrow

Cool! Neat factsheet to print out, if you give a workshop about ConTeXt.

I am looking for a small text explaining the naming system of the
commands, because I only partly understand the interdependence of eg.
singular and plural commands.

What is the difference of singular and plural commands like \setupfloat
and \setupfloats. Does the singular always inherit from the plural? And why?

I have a limited understanding of the \defineX \setupX and \X line, but
would love to hear more.

And lately I often see here that setups are named like "foo:bar". What
is the meaning of the double colon?

So what I would often need is a How-to-read-the-setup-en-pdf.

A Happy St Nicholas' Day
juh