[NTG-context] graphics

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Wed Dec 5 16:24:53 CET 2018

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 13:59:35 +0100
Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > On this note: I would like to have an ‘official’ way to map 3D
> > coordinates to 2D coordinates with for a camera position with an
> > orthogonal window.
> >
> > Not the most complicated thing in the world, but it would be nice if
> > metafun had an ‘official’ way of setting up a scene.
> sounds like a challenge for our meta-math-magician Alan

Not a particularly hard problem (well known) but then one will want
hidden line removal, (partial) transparency, shading, ... and whereas
this is possible, it becomes complicated (and one will then want
animation).

For now, in my simple use of 3D to create diagrams, not any attempt to
make phluffy* images, I am quite content with a simple "caviler"
projection (infinite view position).

Alan

*Tufte's phluff!