[NTG-context] graphics

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 4 18:03:14 CET 2018

Hi,

As most mechanism are reasonable okay now we can look into what future
versions of ConteXt should provide in terms of functionality. The
(luatex) engine is also more of less finished or at least stable in
terms of functionality.

One possible area of further development is graphics so I'd like to know
if there are (reasonable) demands for more graphics support using
metapost. Alan and I are on-and-off working on some extensions and one
of the things we discuss is visualization of data. The question is of
course what should be done in the lua/mp/tex combination and what
externally but the combination has some advantages. There has been
presentations and discussions at the last meeting and graphics is always
a nice topic, and also kind of rewarding in terms of development.

Of course other demands can be formulated too, but these then need to
come with well defined descriptions (or mockup examples).