[NTG-context] Interlinear translations in Context

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 18:34:17 CET 2018

Huseyin Özoguz schrieb am 03.12.18 um 17:47:
>> Before you write your own commands try to use what is available.
>
> Right, but in many cases I am just not aware of what is available, to be
> honest, though I quite often use the wikigarden.
>
> I tried to change your example into arabic-german, seems to work, except
> only the first translation-pair is shown (see attachment). Why?
>
> \usemodule [database]
> \startbuffer[sample]
> "قال","sagte (Es)"
> "رسول","Gesandte (der)"
> "الله","Gottes"
> \stopbuffer
>
> \define[2]\InterlinearText
>     {\setupalign[r2l]\definedfont[file:arial*arabic at 16 pt]
> \ruby{{\setupalign[r2l]#1}}{\setupalign[l2r]\definedfont[name:arial at
> 10pt]#2}}
>
> \definedatabase
>     [interlineartext]
>     [quotechar={"},
>      command=\InterlinearText]
>
> \setupinterlinespace[line=8ex]
>
> \setupruby[voffset=-3ex]
>
> \starttext
> \definedfont[file:arial*arabic at 16 pt]
> \processdatabasebuffer[interlineartext][sample]
> \stoptext

Probably something with your font/alignment switching.

\usemodule [database]

\startbuffer[sample]
"قال","sagte (Es)"
"رسول","Gesandte (der)"
"الله","Gottes"
\stopbuffer

\define[2]\InterlinearText
   {\ruby{#1}{#2} }

% \defineruby
%   [interlineartext]
%   [style=]
%
% \define[2]\InterlinearText
%   {\ruby[interlineartext]{#1}{#2} }

\definedatabase
   [interlineartext]
   [quotechar={"},
    command=\InterlinearText]

\setupinterlinespace[line=8ex]

\definefontfamily [arial] [ss] [Arial] [features=arabic]

\setupbodyfont [arial,16pt]

\starttext
\processdatabasebuffer[interlineartext][sample]
\stoptext

> And second: Of course it would be best readable, if one could write instead
>
> \startbuffer[sample]
> "قال","(Es) sagte"
> \stopbuffer
>
> but with same output, s.t. the order of the words in the second
> database-element is inverted. Is that possible?

There is no command which changes the order of words in a sentence
but this should be easy with a short Lua function.

Wolfgang