[NTG-context] Interlinear translations in Context

Huseyin Özoguz h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de
Mon Dec 3 17:47:49 CET 2018

> Before you write your own commands try to use what is available.

Right, but in many cases I am just not aware of what is available, to be
honest, though I quite often use the wikigarden.

I tried to change your example into arabic-german, seems to work, except
only the first translation-pair is shown (see attachment). Why?

\usemodule [database]
\startbuffer[sample]
"قال","sagte (Es)"
"رسول","Gesandte (der)"
"الله","Gottes"
\stopbuffer

\define[2]\InterlinearText
    {\setupalign[r2l]\definedfont[file:arial*arabic at 16 pt]
\ruby{{\setupalign[r2l]#1}}{\setupalign[l2r]\definedfont[name:arial at
10pt]#2}}

\definedatabase
    [interlineartext]
    [quotechar={"},
     command=\InterlinearText]

\setupinterlinespace[line=8ex]

\setupruby[voffset=-3ex]

\starttext
\definedfont[file:arial*arabic at 16 pt]
\processdatabasebuffer[interlineartext][sample]
\stoptext

And second: Of course it would be best readable, if one could write instead

\startbuffer[sample]
"قال","(Es) sagte"
\stopbuffer

but with same output, s.t. the order of the words in the second
database-element is inverted. Is that possible?

Huseyin Özoguz

E-Mail: h.oezoguz at mmnetz.de