[NTG-context] Interlinear translations in Context

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 13:36:30 CET 2018

Huseyin Özoguz schrieb am 03.12.18 um 12:51:
> Thanks and I may have questions to the actual question about interlinear
> typesetting later, will try to define some nice macros with
> arabic-german interlinear texts.

Before you write your own commands try to use what is available.

If there is something missing existing commands can be extended
and Hans is in many cases open to add new function to ConTeXt.

\usemodule [database]

% Source for the sample text:
%
https://interlinearbooks.com/blog/german-interlinear-translation-of-franz-kafkas-the-metamorphosis-released/

\startbuffer[sample]
"Als","As"
"Gregor","Gregor"
"Samsa","Samsa"
"eines","one"
"Morgens","morning"
"aus","from"
"unruhigen","uneasy"
"Träumen","dreams"
"erwachte,","woke up,"
"fand","found"
"er","he"
"sich","himself"
"in","in"
"seinem","his"
"Bett","bed"
"zu","in"
"einem","an"
"ungeheuren","enormous"
"Ungeziefer","kind of monstrous vermin"
"verwandelt.","transformed."
\stopbuffer

\define[2]\InterlinearText
   {\ruby{#1}{#2} }

\definedatabase
   [interlineartext]
   [quotechar={"},
    command=\InterlinearText]

\setupinterlinespace[line=6ex]

\setupruby[voffset=-2.5ex]

\starttext
\processdatabasebuffer[interlineartext][sample]
\stoptext

Wolfgang