[NTG-context] PDF/A output fails validation

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Thu Nov 22 20:23:36 CET 2018

On 11/22/2018 12:43, luigi scarso wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:45 AM luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com
> <mailto:luigi.scarso at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:38 AM Rik Kabel
>     <context at rik.users.panix.com <mailto:context at rik.users.panix.com>>
>     wrote:
>
>         With the latest beta, PDF/A fails validation in a new way.
>
>         Using the example document in the wiki
>         <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A>, PDF/A-1a validation
>         fails the online validator
>         <https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx> [2] with:
>
>             The key MarkInfo is required but missing.
>             The key StructTreeRoot is required but missing.
>             The key CIDSet is required but missing.
>             The document does not conform to the requested standard.
>             The document contains fonts without embedded font programs
>             or encoding information (CMAPs).
>             The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure
>             information.
>             The document does not conform to the PDF/A-1a standard.
>
>         while with PDF/A-1b requested, the MarkInfo and StructTreeRoot
>         issues are not reported. (A-2a and A-3a fail in the same was
>         as A-1a.)
>
>         [1] https://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A
>
>         [2] https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx
>

>     Thank you for the report, I will check asap.
>

> these look ok now
>
> \nopdfcompression
> \setupinteraction
>   [title=TITLE,
>    subtitle=SUBTITLE,
>    author=AUTHOR,
>    keyword={{KEYWORD1, KEYWORD2}, KEYWORD3}]
>
> %% For PDF/A
> \setupbackend[
> %format={pdf/a-1b:2005}, % OK
> %format={pdf/a-1a:2005}, % OK
> %format={pdf/a-2a},      % OK
> format={pdf/a-3a},       % OK
> profile={srgb.icc,default_gray.icc},
> intent=ISO coated v2 300\letterpercent\space (ECI)]
>
> %% Tagged PDF
> %% method=auto ==> default tags by Adobe
> \setupbackend[export=yes]
> \setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]
>
> \starttext
>
> \chapter[chap:testing]{Testing}
>
> \input knuth
>
> \input tufte
>
> \input knuth
>
> \placefigure[middle][fig:foo]
>   {This is an image}
>   {\externalfigure[cow.jpg]}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \input knuth
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stoptext
>
> --
> luigi

Still fails here, using the code you posted, with:

    Validating file "pdfa.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-3a
    The key MarkInfo is required but missing.
    The key StructTreeRoot is required but missing.
    The document does not conform to the requested standard.
    The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure information.
    The document does not conform to the PDF/A-3a standard.

I am running on W10-64 with:

       the local LuaTeX version is           1.09.0 6998 on Lua 5.3.5,
       the local ConTeXt timestamp is        2018-11-18 13:15 UTC

--
Rik