[NTG-context] PDF/A output fails validation

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:43:18 CET 2018

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:45 AM luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 12:38 AM Rik Kabel <context at rik.users.panix.com>
> wrote:
>
>> With the latest beta, PDF/A fails validation in a new way.
>>
>> Using the example document in the wiki
>> <https://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A>, PDF/A-1a validation fails the
>> online validator <https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx> [2] with:
>>
>> The key MarkInfo is required but missing.
>> The key StructTreeRoot is required but missing.
>> The key CIDSet is required but missing.
>> The document does not conform to the requested standard.
>> The document contains fonts without embedded font programs or encoding
>> information (CMAPs).
>> The document doesn't provide appropriate logical structure information.
>> The document does not conform to the PDF/A-1a standard.
>>
>> while with PDF/A-1b requested, the MarkInfo and StructTreeRoot issues are
>> not reported. (A-2a and A-3a fail in the same was as A-1a.)
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.contextgarden.net/PDF/A
>>
>> [2] https://www.pdf-online.com/osa/validate.aspx
>>

> Thank you for the report, I will check asap.

these look ok now

\nopdfcompression
\setupinteraction
  [title=TITLE,
   subtitle=SUBTITLE,
   author=AUTHOR,
   keyword={{KEYWORD1, KEYWORD2}, KEYWORD3}]

%% For PDF/A
\setupbackend[
%format={pdf/a-1b:2005}, % OK
%format={pdf/a-1a:2005}, % OK
%format={pdf/a-2a},      % OK
format={pdf/a-3a},       % OK
profile={srgb.icc,default_gray.icc},
intent=ISO coated v2 300\letterpercent\space (ECI)]

%% Tagged PDF
%% method=auto ==> default tags by Adobe
\setupbackend[export=yes]
\setupstructure[state=start,method=auto]

\starttext

\chapter[chap:testing]{Testing}

\input knuth

\input tufte