[NTG-context] issues with optical bounds

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Sun Nov 18 22:37:00 CET 2018

On 11/18/2018 10:22 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> many thanks for having released the new beta.
>
> I experience opposite results with opbd. The first sample is:
>
>      \definefontfeature[default][default][protrusion=quality, opbd=yes]
>      \definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Linux Libertine O]
>      \setupbodyfont[mainface, 300pt]
>      \setuppagenumbering[location=]
>      \setupalign[hanging]
>      \showframe
>      \starttext
>      \stoptext
>
> Although the value for that lfbd is only -29, the W is moved too much
> from its original position.

i have no time now but keep in mind that we also have a multiplier (the
system is set up to use ratios / fractions, not hard coded numbers

also, it makes no sense to experiment too much with only some demo fonts
with incomplete coverage ... adapting the low level mechanism to just
one font with one character protruding makes no sense (one can tnen
better use the non-opbd way)