[NTG-context] Footnotes and endnotes

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Nov 17 15:43:05 CET 2018

On 11/17/18 1:51 PM, Axel Kielhorn wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Axel,

> I want to show the translator notes in a different way. Right now I
> have the footnote in green, but the footnote marker in the text does
> change neither font nor color?> Shouldn’t the marker be green and
> bold? Setting numberconversion works, but the other options seem to
> be without effect.

    \setupnote[translaternote][textstyle=\bf, textcolor=green]

> I want to include longer notes as endnotes. I can change the marker
> shown with the notes to (1) but he marker in the text does not
> change. Thus you can’t distinguish between a footnote and an
> endnote.

As far as I know, left and right arent’t options in \setupnote.

> I tried a footnote within a footnote, that didn’t work, should it? (I
> don’t actually need this, I was just curious.)

They don’t work (I wonder what might they be useful for). But Hans or
Wolfgang know better.

> When I define commentnote based on endnote I get the same numbering.
> How can I either - use different counters for both kind of notes or

I guess you have to avoid defining commentnote based on endnote.

You may always do the following:

    \setupnotation
        [authornote, endnote, commentnote, footnote, translaterpnote]
        [style=bold]

> - print both notes with the same placenotes command, in the right
> order?

Then, place the notes in the right order. But in that case, only using
one kind of notes may be less problematic.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk