[NTG-context] Problem installing a new font

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Nov 12 16:26:18 CET 2018

Hi,

> On 12 Nov 2018, at 15:39, Willi Egger <context at boede.nl> wrote:
>
> I downloaded the font and put all *afm and *.pfb files into ../texmf-fonts/data/public/aurical

Not sure about that path. Should that not be ../texmf-fonts/fonts/data/public/aurical ?

Nevertheless, the most important missing ingredient is

   mtxrun --generate

Since ‘mtxrun —script fonts —reload’ does not scan the disk of the standard folders,
it just queries the file cache.

So the right order is:

  unzip
  mtxrun —generate
  mtxrun —script fonts —reload

That works for me.

I just unzipped the CTAN download into my texmf-fonts, so I have

hamster:texmf-fonts taco$ mtxrun LukasSvatbaSlant.afm
  /Users/taco/context/tex/texmf-fonts/fonts/afm/public/aurical/LukasSvatbaSlant.afm

hamster:texmf-fonts taco$ mtxrun --script font --list --file --pattern=LukasSvatbaSlant.afm
  familyname    weight   style    width    variant   fontname             filename               subfont   fontweight
  lukassvatba   normal   italic   normal   normal    lukassvatbaoblique   LukasSvatbaSlant.afm             conflict: oblique

And it works:

hamster:Downloads taco$ pdffonts HW.pdf
name                                 type              encoding         emb sub uni object ID
WIPANP+LMRoman12-Regular             CID Type 0C       Identity-H       yes yes yes     10  0
SRZNPW+Lukas-Svatba                  CID Type 0C       Identity-H       yes yes yes     11  0

Best wishes,
Taco