[NTG-context] spacing

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 16:23:55 CET 2018

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 15:05:59 +0100
Tomas Hala <tomas.hala at mendelu.cz> wrote:

> I solve the same problem for ages... I decided for fixed time points

If it may be useful: I keep a very short-term backup so that when
things "break" or change, I can easily backtrack to a working copy.
I update using the following shell script:

#!/bin/sh
CONTEXTHOME=${HOME}/context
if [ ! -d ${CONTEXTHOME}/beta ] ; then
	mkdir -p ${CONTEXTHOME}/beta
fi
if [ ! -d ${CONTEXTHOME}/previous ] ; then
	mkdir -p ${CONTEXTHOME}/previous
fi
cd ${CONTEXTHOME}/beta
echo "*** move current to previous ***"
rsync -av --delete --progress . ../previous
echo "*** update beta ***"
rsync -ptv --progress rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh . 2>&1 | tee first-setup.log

./first-setup.sh --modules=all --fonts=all --engine=luatex 2>&1 | tee -a first-setup.log

This will not help against any undetected changes that may go unnoticed
for a while between different projects, but does protect me against
immediate "bugs".

Hans has suggested keeping a ConTeXt standalone copy in each separate
project file, as it is small enough that such duplication does not take
up too much space. (As we strip-down the distribution and as storage
space becomes bigger and bigger, this should not be a problem.) The
advantage of having a copy associated with a project is that one can
come back, years later even, and produce *exactly* the same output.

Alan