[NTG-context] Projects and URLs

Wolfgang Schuster wolfgang.schuster.lists at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 13:08:35 CET 2018

Axel Kielhorn schrieb am 02.11.18 um 10:10:
> Hello!
>
> Where is the best way to define URLs in a project?
>
> I currently define them when I need them, but wouldn’t it be better to keep them in a project file and have only one location to edit when they change?

When you use \useurl in combination with \url or \from you can define
them in a environment file. To make themeasier to handle you can use a
separate environment file only for the urls.

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\useurl [garden] [https://wiki.contextgarden.net/] [ConTeXt garden]

\starttext

\url [garden]

\from[garden]

\stoptext

You can also avoid this two step method when you use the \goto command
with the url keyword in the second argument.

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\starttext

\goto{\hyphenatedurl{https://wiki.contextgarden.net/}}[url(https://wiki.contextgarden.net/)]

\goto{ConTeXt garden}[url(https://wiki.contextgarden.net/)]