[NTG-context] improving kannada script

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Nov 2 13:04:37 CET 2018

Am Fri, 2 Nov 2018 12:53:02 +0100 schrieb luigi scarso:

>> You could try https://github.com/khaledhosny/luahbtex. Khaled is
>> trying to marry luatex + harfbuzz there

> sure, it's hardcoded , the final binary is quite heavy ...
> Anyway, I am talking of dll/so  plugin and tool,
> it's  more  on the track of
> https://www.guitex.org/home/images/ArsTeXnica/AT023/luaffi-article.pdf

Well we (some of the latex team) tried to test this as we have quite
an interest to have an option to use harfbuzz for some fonts but not
every code needed seems to be available publicitly.

Also if I remember correctly this requires --shell-escape and this
is not really sensible for a user interface.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/