[NTG-context] Table "modules"

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 17:06:09 CET 2018

Hello all,

Looking at management of global Lua tables (for the obvious cases ...),
I notice that all of the core Mk IV files use the construct

     if not modules then modules = { } end
     modules["<file-name"] = { -- meta-data here

 From a ConTeXt point-of-view, is it acceptable for third-parties to use
this construct, or is it 'ConTeXt maintainers only'? I'm wondering for
code used generically: it would be good to use the same approach, but I
don't want to tread on any reserved namespaces.

Joseph