[NTG-context] issue loading fonts

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Tue Oct 23 11:17:32 CEST 2018

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 10:03:09PM +0200, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 10/22/18 9:35 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Are the bold and italic fonts listed when you run the fonts script?
>>
>> mtxrun --script fonts --list --all texgyrepagella*
>
> Yes, they are listed.

  That’s not what I observe: the real bold and italic fonts are listed,
but not the ones that are defined as bold and italic by
\definefontfamily, i. e. texgyrepagella-regular-500.otf and
texgyrepagella-regular-2000.otf.  However, these two files are available
to ConTeXt:

> I may use them with
>
>     \definefont[TestMM][file:texgyrepagella-regular-2000.otf at 10pt]
>
> But not with \definefontfamily.

  I can reproduce this.  That means ConTeXt won’t let you use a
regular-weight font face as the bold version of a font family, nor an
upright font as an italic one, which in my opinion is rather a good
thing.

	Best,

		Arthur