[NTG-context] what defines the font size?

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon Oct 15 21:21:32 CEST 2018

Dear list,

sorry for this basic question, but what defines the size in a font?

I mean, we can take TeX Gyre Bonum and TeX Gyre Adventor at twelve
points. x-height is different, M-width is slightly different.

I thought it was the same A-height, but it isn’t.

If two fonts have the same size, I think there may be a dimension which
has the same length in both. Which one is this?

Sorry for the basic question and many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk