[NTG-context] embedded sounds

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 9 19:49:44 CEST 2018

On 10/9/2018 7:19 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> this is a lighter version from sound-001.tex from your test samples:

media in pdf are sort of braindead and it's hard to get something that
doesn't have side effects (attachment vs external vs ...) .. when i
can't hear sound with internal files (no matter how we wrap it i cannot
really test something) ... (it is tempting to just remove the code but
as part of working on the interaction manual i keep it for now)

the flash dependent media are even worse ... it is supported (as usual)
but not future proof

(it baffles me that the original simple movie and sound annotations are
sort of gone: they delegated the rendering so no pain for acrobat and no
gain in obsoleting them)