[NTG-context] Homebrew packaging for macOS

Hans Åberg haberg-1 at telia.com
Sun Oct 7 10:56:46 CEST 2018

> On 7 Oct 2018, at 01:32, Hans Hagen <j.hagen at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> On 10/7/2018 1:24 AM, Andrew Dunning wrote:
>> Dear list,
>> Has anyone ever looked into packaging ConTeXt for Homebrew on macOS (see <https://brew.sh>)? Providing it as an installation option would make it far easier to obtain the latest version.
>
> How do you now update? It's just one recall to first-setup.sh

It would be better to put the development version in TeXLive as a separate package—on MacOS, it comes with the TeX Live Utility which gives update notifications frequently, once a week, but one can run it more frequently by hand. Just give it a different name than from the ordinary distribution, say context-<version>.

When I used the beta, it was difficult to switch with other TeX software. So this might be better.