[NTG-context] Need help with project: TeX capacity exceeded

Axel Kielhorn tex at axelkielhorn.de
Thu Oct 4 10:08:30 CEST 2018

> Am 04.10.2018 um 09:27 schrieb Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>:
>
>> According to my understanding I should be able to
>> context c_01 to get one chapter
>> context prd_A to get one product
>> context project_ecm to get the whole book.
>
> Any whole book should be a product, and the Parts should just be components.
> The project level is only there to connect meta-info across a book series.
> You are not supposed to run ‘context’ on the project file.

I see.
I’ll probably keep it as three books.
It’s easy to change later as long as the components have different names.
Right now that’s just a limitation of the word processor.

> That said, it is definitely not your installation or understanding of the
> wiki page that creates the circular inclusion. The same happens here. I
> discovered it works OK if I move the \product to within the \startcomponent,
> and I assume that is how it supposed to work:
>
>  \startcomponent
>  \product prd_1
>>  \stopcomponent

Works here as well, thank you.
What about the project?
Right now it is outside the \start{product|component} and it works.

Now it is inside the \start{product|component} and it works as well.

Next question:
Should the environment be inside \startproject \stopproject?

It seems to make no difference.

Thus having the whole file inside \start{project|product|component} \stop… would be a good idea and consistent.

> At a guess, I think the wiki page is wrong. But before editing that,
> I would like to have confirmation of the above assumption.

Thanks for the quick response, now I can tell pandoc to convert the book to context:-)

Greetings Axel