[NTG-context] faking smallcaps font with font features and fallbacks

mf massifr at fastwebnet.it
Wed Oct 3 16:20:47 CEST 2018

Il 03/10/18 16:02, Hans Hagen ha scritto:
> ok, even nicer:
>
>          \definefontfallback[FakeSansCaps]   [SansEmboldened]
> [0x0000-0xFFFF] [rscale=.8,method=uppercase]
>
> which will remap all lowercase in the font so that you also get accented
> characters

Yes, for this case it makes more sense using method=uppercase.

But "target=" is a more general solution (remapping old dingbats fonts
on the dingbats section of unicode makes sense as an example?)

Would the range 0x0000-0xFFFF overwrite also capital letters?

In that case i'm afraid we'd have a scaled down, embolded, uppercase
version of the font, not a small-caps variant with a consistent thickess
of the glyphs.

I think i should specify only the lower case letters' ranges.

Massimiliano