[NTG-context] Font installation help needed!

Schmitz Thomas A. thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Sep 30 22:41:16 CEST 2018

> On 30. Sep 2018, at 20:56, Geert Verhaag <verhaaggchm at ziggo.nl> wrote:
>
> I'd like to use the Advent Pro font, so I downloaded the font and have 7 ttf files available.
>
> After looking around for some manual I found: "Integrating TrueType Fonts into ConTEXt" by Thomas A. Schmitz.
>
> Immediately I run into problems when trying to run the texfont command.
>
> My Linux (ubuntu 14.04) says:
>
> The program 'texfont' is currently not installed.
>
> I did a standalone installation years ago of this version of ConTeXt, and don't dare to upgrade because I might run into other issues, sorry!
>
> Any hints on how to procede installing the Advent Pro font to this version of ConTeXt are very much welcomed!

Ah, you like old systems! Ubuntu 14.04 and context 2013, what a wonderful combination, back in the days! texfont is still part of the distribution, but you will have to invoke it with its full path. I just tried (with a current standalone), and it still works as expected. I had to copy texnansi.enc into the working directory, and then I invoked

perl ~/context/tex/texmf-context/scripts/context/perl/texfont.pl —fontroot=<> —ve=<> —co=<> --en=texnansi

Try this (replacing the variables with your values, of course).

Thomas