[NTG-context] Rendering of Burmese Script

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Sep 28 11:02:00 CEST 2018

Hi,

Here is what I think functional ConTeXt code should look like:

%\enabletrackers[font*]
\definefontfeature
 [burmese]
 [script=mym2,mode=node,locl=yes,abvs=yes,blwf=yes,blws=yes]
 % thats all the features the font has.
 % there is some weirdness with the script (mym2 instead of mymr)
 % and perhaps languages (dflt, MON , KSW ) making
 % that even otfinfo does not recognize the features.

\definefont[burmeseFont][file:NotoSerifMyanmar-Regular.ttf*burmese]

\starttext
Test {\burmeseFont တော်ကြီး} foo.
\stoptext

Output does not look right, no. Perhaps ConTeXt needs to add a
definition for the mym2 script?

Best wishes,
Taco