[NTG-context] Metafun: Finding intersection between characters

Hans Hagen j.hagen at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 27 17:43:38 CEST 2018

On 9/27/2018 5:06 PM, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Hans,
>
> First, I appreciate for your concerning and sharing your valuable time on this matter.
> I think that there is no one who has an interest in outlining Korean letters.
> It is my self-interest to use outlined text for titles of chapters.
>
> As we know, Korean letters are different from English letters. In one glyph, there are several parts, which makes the job difficult.

Here's some more to play with ...

\definefontfeature
   [korean-base]
   [mode=node,
    script=hang,
    language=kor]

\definefontfeature[outlined-10]
   [effect={effect=outline,width=0.10,auto=yes}]
\definefontfeature[outlined-20]
   [effect={effect=outline,width=0.20,auto=yes}]
\definefontfeature[outlined-30]
   [effect={effect=outline,width=0.30,auto=yes}]

\definefont[KoreanFontA][hanbatanglvt*korean-base             @ 45pt]
\definefont[KoreanFontB][hanbatanglvt*korean-base,boldened-10 @ 45pt]
\definefont[KoreanFontC][hanbatanglvt*korean-base,boldened-20 @ 45pt]
\definefont[KoreanFontD][hanbatanglvt*korean-base,boldened-30 @ 45pt]
\definefont[KoreanFontE][hanbatanglvt*korean-base,outlined-10 @ 45pt]
\definefont[KoreanFontF][hanbatanglvt*korean-base,outlined-20 @ 45pt]
\definefont[KoreanFontG][hanbatanglvt*korean-base,outlined-30 @ 45pt]

\starttext

     \startlines
         \KoreanFontA 랏논왕닭박서
         \KoreanFontB 랏논왕닭박서
         \KoreanFontC 랏논왕닭박서
         \KoreanFontD 랏논왕닭박서
         \KoreanFontE 랏논왕닭박서
         \KoreanFontF 랏논왕닭박서
         \KoreanFontG 랏논왕닭박서
     \stoplines

\stoptext

This is probably easier to configure when you use titles.