[NTG-context] Creating flyers with ConTeXt

Marco Patzer lists at homerow.info
Wed Sep 26 09:03:36 CEST 2018

On Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:57:54 +0200
"Jan U. Hasecke" <juh+ntg-context at mailbox.org> wrote:

> \definemeasure
> 	[bleed]
> 	[3mm]
>
> I used this value to generalize the A4-flyer dimensions.
>
> \definepapersize
> 	[A4-flyer]
> 	[width=\dimexpr297mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax,
> 	 height=\dimexpr210mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax]

That looks good. Note that the value 297 needs to be changed if
“shortfold” is changed. Which is unlikely because it's based on an
A4 paper size. Still, keep that in mind.

> But horizontal pageshift is beyond my grasp.
>
> I can't see how to generalize the values.

I looked into it and this is what I came up with:

\definepageshift
  [flyer]
  [horizontal]
  [\dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2-\measure{shortfold}\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2+2\measured{shortfold}\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2\relax,
   \dimexpr\measure{bleed}/2-\measure{shortfold}\relax]

Marco