[NTG-context] Creating flyers with ConTeXt

Jan U. Hasecke juh+ntg-context at mailbox.org
Tue Sep 25 12:57:54 CEST 2018

On 25.09.18 09:56, Marco Patzer wrote:
> In general it shouldn't be too hard to create two variables, “bleed”
> and “shortfold” and make the rest dependent on those two. But this
> didn't work for page shift when I tried. Probably because I didn't
> really grasp how pageshift works.

\definemeasure
	[bleed]
	[3mm]

I used this value to generalize the A4-flyer dimensions.

\definepapersize
	[A4-flyer]
	[width=\dimexpr297mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax,
	 height=\dimexpr210mm+2\measured{bleed}\relax]

But horizontal pageshift is beyond my grasp.

I can't see how to generalize the values.

This example of yours works with 1mm bleed.

\definepageshift
  [flyer]
  [horizontal]
  [-2mm, 1mm, 1mm, 6.8mm, 1mm, -2mm]

This seems to work with 2mm bleed:

\definepageshift
  [flyer]
  [horizontal]
  [-1mm, 2mm, 2mm, 8mm, 2mm, -1mm]

And these are your values with 3mm bleed.

\definepageshift
	[flyer]
	[horizontal]
	[\zeropoint,             % 0
	 \measure{shortfold},    % 3mm
	 \measure{shortfold},    % 3mm
	 3\measured{shortfold},  % 9mm
	 \measure{shortfold},    % 3mm
	 \zeropoint]             % 0

I tried to calculate it, but this equation is wrong.

\definepageshift
	[flyer]
	[horizontal]
	[\dimexpr\measure{bleed}-\measure{shortfold}\relax,
	\measure{shortfold},
	 \measure{shortfold},
	 3\measured{shortfold},
	 \measure{shortfold},
	\dimexpr\measure{bleed}-\measure{shortfold}\relax
	]

It only works for a bleed of 3 mm.

juh