[NTG-context] Using the source han sans fonts fails

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 11:21:53 CEST 2018


On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:18 AM Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> Am Wed, 19 Sep 2018 10:54:08 +0200 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>
> > On 9/19/2018 10:24 AM, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> >>
> >> Because of a question on tex.sx I tried to use the source han sans
> >> fonts. I installed (in windows 10) the fonts from this zip-file:
> >>
> >>
> https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-han-sans/blob/release/OTF/SourceHanSansJ.zip
> >>
> >> Trying to use them with latex/luaotfload failed with a memory
> >> exhausted error while trying to write the lua-file. In context
> >>
> >> \starttext
> >> \font\test={name:sourcehansans}
> >> \test abc
> >> \stoptext
> >>
> >> gave the error:
> >>
> >> fonts           > otf loading > loading
> >> 'c:/windows/fonts/SourceHanSans-Regular.otf', hash
> >> 'sourcehansans-regular'
> >> otf reader      > loading of table 'vorg' skipped
> >> otf reader      > invalid index in single format 1: 65353 -> 67212
> >> (max 65535)
> >> otf reader      > rule 1 in gsub lookup 's_s_5' has empty lookups
> >> fonts           > otf loading > loading failed due to read error
> >> fonts           > defining > forced type 'otf' of
> >> 'c:/windows/fonts/SourceHanSans-Regular' not found
> >> fonts           > defining > font with asked name
> >> 'c:/windows/fonts/SourceHanSans-Regular' is not found using lookup
> >> 'name'
> >> fonts           > defining > unknown font
> >> 'c:/windows/fonts/SourceHanSans-Regular', loading aborted
> >>
> >>
> >> xelatex had no problems to use the font.
> >>
> >> Is this an error in the font or in the fontloader?
> > it works ok here with luatex
> >
> > but ... do you use luajittex?
>
> No (neither with lualatex).
>
> The context log says at the end:
>
> mkiv lua stats  > used platform: mswin, type: windows, binary
> subtree: texmf-mswin
> mkiv lua stats  > used engine: luatex version 1.09 with
> functionality level 6930, banner: this is luatex, version 1.09.0
> (tex live 2018/w32tex)
> mkiv lua stats  > control sequences: 45351 of 65536 + 100000
> mkiv lua stats  > lua properties: engine: lua 5.3, used memory: 1519
> MB (ctx: 1460 MB), hash type: lua, hash chars: min(32,40), symbol
> mask: utf (τεχ)
> mkiv lua stats  > runtime: 39.711 seconds
>
> The fonts *are* large, and my computer is quite old, so it could be
> a hardware problem, but I'm wondering a bit about the message
>
> > otf reader      > invalid index in single format 1: 65353 -> 67212
>
> hm
checking now

-- 
luigi
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/attachments/20180919/6cec86ac/attachment.html>


More information about the ntg-context mailing list