[NTG-context] Variable instance identifiers exhausted

Fabrice L fabrice.alpha at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 04:21:31 CEST 2018

Le 18 septembre 2018 à 01:15:36, luigi scarso (luigi.scarso at gmail.com) a

On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 9:18 PM Fabrice L <fabrice.alpha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear List,
> I’m running into a problem in Metapost (using Context of course!)
> creating (I think) too many objects; I got this error message:
> variable instance identifiers exhausted
> I have tried without success to find information and a solution.
> Does somebody has a hint to solve this ?

Do you have  minimal example ?

I have worked on a minimal example today with no success ! What I mean is
that I have rebuilt the same algorithm from scratch in order to show
something minimal to the list, and I do not seem to encounter the problem
anymore ! The problem is that the process take hours of compilations, and
tests are not easy to do. Anyway, I will enrich my « minimal » code to my
« full » code in order to find the difference… and the problem. I will
update the thread as soon as can.

Thanks a lot for helping.


If your question is of interest to others as well, please add an entry to
the Wiki!

maillist : ntg-context at ntg.nl /
webpage : http://www.pragma-ade.nl / http://context.aanhet.net
archive : https://bitbucket.org/phg/context-mirror/commits/
wiki : http://contextgarden.net
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/attachments/20180918/a5ca8654/attachment.html>

More information about the ntg-context mailing list