[NTG-context] Estonian language support

Clyde Johnston context at couthies.com
Tue Sep 11 23:01:20 CEST 2018

I am clear whether Estonian (language code: et) is supported in ConTeXt.
According to the manual ("languages-mkiv.pdf"), I should be able to see the
installed languages using \showinstalledlanguages.  Unfortunately, it does
not seem to produce the desired table.

However, a scan through the source code shows existence of
'./texmf-context/tex/context/patterns/mkiv/lang-et.lua' file.  It looks like
much of the work, such as hyphenation, has been already done.

MWE 1:

\usemodule[languages-system]

\loadinstalledlanguages

\showinstalledlanguages

MWE 2:

\starttext

\language[et]

\currentlanguage

\stoptext

I suppose my question is more general: what information does the user need
to provide in order for a language to get support in ConTeXt?  The manual
states "More languages can be defined. It is up to users to provide the
information."

Thanks,

Clyde