[NTG-context] contextbeta moved or server down? SOLVED

Hans van der Meer havdmeer at ziggo.nl
Sat Sep 8 15:17:38 CEST 2018

I am not inclined to react so strongly. In general I am happy when the ISP provides its customers with default save settings. It is best for most people, I think.

Perhaps the rsync port 873 should have been opened by default in the firewall, because I suspect more and more people will use it to backup their data over the internet.

But in general I can live with changing the modem settings temporarily, because I am updating the ConText minimals infrequently only.

> On 8 Sep 2018, at 14:34, juh <juh+ntg-context at mailbox.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Hans,
>
> I think that this is a scandal, as it is nothing else but censorship by
> your ISP.
>
> I am a member of a cooperative hoster in Germany (Hostsharing) and
> Telekom, the biggest German ISP, blocked our mail servers for years in their
> routers they bundle with internet access services.
>
> We had to complain at the Netzagentur a state agency which has to
> guarantee net neutrality in Germany – we were successful.
>
> https://www.hostsharing.net/blog/2018/06/24/telekom-speedport-mailblockade-verfa
> hren-beendet/
>
> Maybe the context community should complain somewhere about this.
>
> juh
>
> --
> Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
> Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de