[NTG-context] labeling in meta post

Alan Braslau braslau.list at comcast.net
Fri Sep 7 11:41:50 CEST 2018

> On 7 Sep 2018, at 01:02, Henri Menke <henrimenke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> label.bot(btex ${\delta}$ etex, (1cm,0));	%
>> %label.bot(btex $\delta$ etex, (3cm,0));
>
> Why not just
>
> label.bot("$\delta$", (3cm,0));

Sometimes, one might want to use btex ... etex to produce a picture object, for example:

label.lft(btex $\delta$ etex rotated 90, frame) ;

A few notes:

1) Hans has recently rewritten btex ... etex so there may be a bug

2) I recently rewrote label to accept a closed path or a picture in addition to a location (a pair), in which case it places the label relative to the bounding box (by default, at the center). I illustrate this above above.

Alan