[NTG-context] luatex on the garden

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Fri Aug 31 20:56:48 CEST 2018

On 08/31/2018 10:27 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
> [...]
> A lot of work went into this release and we hope that it's worth it. I
> will rmove some older code paths in a few weeks (less code that way) so
> then beta's will assume the new binary is used.

Many thanks for the new LuaTeX, Hans.

I have used for a document (http://blog.ousia.tk/0005/#context-source),
which hashes (with both SHA512 and SHA256) 38 external files.

With the previous beta, it took about 160s to completely generate the
PDF output (always with --purgeall). With the current beta, it only took
9.9s, which is a huge improvement.

I know that this might be the most favorable case for the new LuaTeX
improvements, but this is even faster than using the external binaries
that the OS (Linux64 in this case) provides.

This faster compilation could be also decreased when LuaJIT includes
bitwise operators, couldn’t it be?

Many thanks for your excellent work again,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk