[NTG-context] Emacs + latest beta

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 28 07:57:31 CEST 2018

Hello,
** Fabrice Couvreur [2018-08-27 15:47:41 +0200]:

> Le lun. 27 août 2018 à 11:51, Fabrice Couvreur <fabrice1.couvreur at gmail.com>
> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Vladimir,
>> I just made a new standalone context install and added this to my
>> ~/.profile :  source /home/aragorn/context/tex/setuptex
>> It finally seems to work !

I'm glad it works for you though

>> export PATH=$PATH:/home/aragorn/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin
>> source /home/aragorn/context/tex/setuptex
>> export PATH=$PATH:/home/aragorn/texlive/2018/bin/x86_64-linux
>> export PATH=$PATH:/home/aragorn/bin

don't understand how these lines help you. As you said you were able to
typeset a sample document in terminal, so all settings in terminal (bash
I presume) were fine, especially taking into account that 'setuptex'
exports only PATH variable with correct path for Standalone ConTeXt.
They might change environment from which Emacs is launched but again,
you use full path to run context so they must be irrelevant here.

In one of previous messages
(https://www.mail-archive.com/ntg-context@ntg.nl/msg88742.html) you told
that you use Archlinux, did you install texlive-* packages? Did you
update your system? I use Archlinux and have not only ConTeXt
standalone/suite and TeX Live (TUG) installed but also I have installed
texlive-* packages from distribution repository and don't have any
problem with the example either in terminal or Emacs(+AUCTeX), I suspect
that your Emacs configuration might be the cause of the problem.

> Hi Vladimir,
> I just realized that does not work anymore
> !
>
> (setq ConTeXt-mode-hook
>       (lambda () (setq TeX-command-extra-options "--purgeall")))

Why you insist on using hooks when you specify in full the custom
target? Just add this option to the custom target:

(eval-after-load "context"
  '(setq TeX-command-list
       (cons '("ConTeXt" "PATH=/usr/local/opt/context/tex/texmf-linux-64/bin:$PATH context --purgeall %s"
         TeX-run-command nil t :help "Run context (MarkIV)") TeX-command-list))
)

> Thanks
> Fabrice

[...]

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
It is necessary for the welfare of society that genius should be privileged
to utter sedition, to blaspheme, to outrage good taste, to corrupt the