[NTG-context] Textadept with ConTeXt

Fabrice Couvreur fabrice1.couvreur at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 11:32:44 CEST 2018

Hello,
Thanks for your help !

First, only edit the init.lua in your USER folder, on Win it's
> C:\Users\NAME\.textadept\init.lua. Don't edit the init.lua within TA's main
> folder. In fact, there is no reason to enter TA's main folder after
> extraction unless you want to read other config files like the ConTeXt
> lexer (see below).

Of course !

> Second, I am using Win10x64 with SumatraPDF as viewer, it's fast and you
> don't need to close documents to recompile. The biggest disadvantage is,
> that you can't use scripts with SumatraPDF (for forms etc.).
> Furthermore the following line I wrote into my init.lua:
>
> textadept.run.compile_commands.tex = 'mtxrun --autogenerate --script
> context --autopdf --purge "%f"'
>
> When I compile the PDF like this, Sumatra opens up as expected. On
> recompile it reloads the PDF. Maybe the spaces within your command are the
> reason:
> synctex = -1          ->            synctex=-1

 Here is the content of my init.lua
:

textadept.run.compile_commands.tex = 'mtxrun --autogenerate --script
context --autopdf --purge "%f"'

textadept.file_types.extensions.tex = 'context'

buffer:set_theme('dark', {font = 'Monospace', fontsize = 14})

When I compile a file test.tex (Maj + Ctrl + R), I get the expected file
test.pdf in my home directory; file that I open with Evince. What I would
like, if possible, is an automatic opening of this file after
compilation. Here's
what I get in the messages tab :

mtx-context | pdfview methods: auto default okular pdfxcview sumatra,
current method: sumatra (directives_pdfview_method)
pdfview | command: wine "sumatrapdf.exe" -reuse-instance -bg-color 0xCCCCCC
"wolfgang-1.pdf" 1> / dev / null 2> / dev / null &
system | total runtime: 1.624 seconds

If I compile a second time, still no automatic output from the file
test.pdf.
 On the other hand, if I do Crtl + R test.tex, the file test.pdf opens with
xdg-open :

> exit status: 0
> xdg-open "wolfgang-1.pdf"
File name empty!
The specified Application package is not valid.
/ usr / bin / xdg-open: line 881: x-www-browser: command not found
> exit status: 0

Thanks
Fabrice