[NTG-context] how to put page X of N in header or top space?

David Walther david at clearbrookdistillery.com
Tue Aug 14 23:19:25 CEST 2018

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 02:58:58PM -0600, Alan Braslau wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 13:44:43 -0700
>David Walther <david at clearbrookdistillery.com> wrote:
>
>> I did page Page X of N, but in the output, it displays like
>> Page 2of 3, Page 1of 3, etc.  It ignores the space between the number and the word of.
>
>You must have forgotten the trailing "\ " of "\userpagenumber\ ".

Thank you Alan.  That worked.  I didn't forget it; I never knew it.  I'm
starting to run into the area where the Wiki isn't enough, but I don't know
enough TeX to read the Context source for the macros.  What is recommended to
get up to speed on Context?  Should I go back and re-read Knuth's book on TeX
then try reading ConTeXt source?  Last time I read it was 20 years ago, and
only got half way through; that was enough for my needs back then.  I guess a
week or two reading everything on this page would help too:

  http://www.luatex.org/documentation.html

Now just need an answer for the blank page issue and I can start shipping these
spreadsheets to clients.

David