[NTG-context] How can I remove a blank leading line from a buffer

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Tue Aug 14 16:46:44 CEST 2018

On 8/13/2018 18:43, Rik Kabel wrote:
> On 8/13/2018 15:52, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>

>> Rik Kabel schrieb am 13.08.18 um 20:27:

>>> I am applying it incorrectly, or it does not work with the buffers
>>> created by \grabbufferdata:
>>>
>>>     \setupwhitespace[none]
>>>     \setupindenting[none]
>>>     \starttexdefinition unexpanded startBufTest
>>>       \bgroup
>>>       \dosingleempty\dostartBufTest
>>>     \stoptexdefinition
>>>     \starttexdefinition dostartBufTest [#SETUPS]
>>>       \getrawparameters[BufTest][xx=yy,#SETUPS]
>>>       \grabbufferdata[TestBuffer][startBufTest][stopBufTest]
>>>     \stoptexdefinition
>>>     \starttexdefinition stopBufTest
>>>       \startnarrower[left,right]
>>>       \startparagraph
>>>         \BeforePar{\dontleavehmode\llap{? }}\GotoPar
>>>         \inlinebuffer[TestBuffer]
>>>       \stopparagraph
>>>       \stopnarrower
>>>       \egroup
>>>     \stoptexdefinition
>>>

>> \starttexdefinition stopBufTest
>>   \startnarrower[left,right]
>>   \startparagraph
>>     \dontleavehmode\llap{? }%
>>     \blank[overlay]
>>     \inlinebuffer[TestBuffer]
>>   \stopparagraph
>>   \stopnarrower
>>   \egroup
>> \stoptexdefinition
>>

>> Wolfgang
>
> Thank you, Wolfgang. That does it. Note that the % escaping the line
> end is not needed (    although it might be needed outside a
> \starttexdefinition environment) – the following works as well:
>

>     \starttexdefinition stopBufTest
>
>       \startnarrower[left,right]
>
>       \startparagraph
>
>         \dontleavehmode{\llap{? }}
>
>         \blank[overlay]
>
>         \inlinebuffer[TestBuffer]
>
>       \stopparagraph
>
>       \stopnarrower
>
>       \egroup
>
>     \stoptexdefinition

Alas, this is not yet a workable solution. It does not work with a
layout of grid=tolerant, which I am currently using (although it does
work with some other grid settings). For now I will just add empty [] to
the startBufTest invocations.

I really think, though, that a buffers.strip function would be the way
to go, instead of futzing after the damage is done.

--
Rik