[NTG-context] referencing a footnote (and getting the right number)

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon Aug 13 17:39:19 CEST 2018

On 08/12/2018 10:10 PM, Robert Zydenbos wrote:
> [...]
> What does disturb me, however, is that I have this one chapter where
> the wrong note number is indicated (note 19 is referred to as note
> '18'), and I do not know why. Could it be that this is because earlier
> in the chapter I have also used

I wasn’t able to compile your source, but this works fine:

    \starttext
    \dorecurse{30}{a\footnote{Zapf.} }

    \startlocalfootnotes[n=0,conversion=characters,location=none]
    \bTABLE
    \bTR \bTD 1 \footnote{\dorecurse{10}{abcd }} \eTD \bTD 2 \eTD \eTR
    \bTR \bTD 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 \eTD \bTD 10 \eTD \eTR
    \eTABLE
    \placelocalfootnotes
    \stoplocalfootnotes

    \dorecurse{30}{e\footnote{Other.} }
    \footnote[uvu-avu]{These two suffixes […]}
    \dorecurse{30}{b\footnote{Knuth.} }
    …
    \footnote{See n.~\in[uvu-avu] on p.~\at[uvu-avu].}
    \stoptext

> and that this somehow interferes with the referencing of other
> footnotes? That is the only difference I see between this chapter and
> the others.

Without the source, all I can say is that it shouldn’t interfere.

A simple way to check it would be to comment out the fragment with the
local footnotes, compile and see what happens with the referenced number.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk