[NTG-context] integer displayed as .0 float in Lua-5.3

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Thu Aug 9 20:02:52 CEST 2018

Dear list,

I have the following sample

    \starttext
    \startTEXpage[offset=1em]
    Pages: \ctxlua{context([[\lastpage]])}.

    (Lua \luaversion)
    \stopTEXpage
    \stoptext

With Lua-5.2 (ConTeXt with JIT), I get the expected results. But with
Lua-5.3 (standard ConTeXt), I get 2.0 as the value for the next page.

I’m afraid that there is a bug here. I was told that the integer type
has been introduced in Lua-5.3.

I had experienced the same issue with the handlecsv module. In my very
limited understanding of the issue, integers are displayed as .0 floats.
I wonder which would be the way to fix it.

Is this a real bug or am I missing something?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk