[NTG-context] general suggestion for ConTeXt documentation

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Wed Aug 8 18:31:28 CEST 2018

On 08/08/2018 08:50 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> [...]
> I’m also writing a (beginners) book on ConTeXt in German, and I find
> it really hard to decide what I should include. It can’t become a
> reference, a complete one is impossible anyway.

Hi Hraban,

your book will be an important reference, althought it won’t be “the
reference” (I doubt such a thing might exist).

> E.g. I wanted margin notes. Like footnotes, but in the margin. No
> problem if you want them at the bottom. Very hard if you want them like
> marginals, starting in the line of the marker... Is this common enough
> to include it in my book?

I would say this is too specific. But I would provide the explanation in
the wiki.

> As a media designer, who’s also working with InDesign, my focus is of
> course different from a scientist who just wants her thesis
> readable...

I think it is essential to have a wider range of explanations on how to
do things with ConTeXt (or even with computers, but this is a different
topic).

I’m not saying that other approaches are wrong. Just only not everyone
may understand things the same way.

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk