[NTG-context] question regarding \placefloats

Susanne G. Loeber dekleurenfamilie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 14:33:21 CEST 2018

Dear Reader,

I have a document with figures and tables. I have tried to use the command
  \placefloats to create a list of all my floats as recommended on the page
Floating Objects, section Flushing floats. There it states: The command
\placefloats outputs all pending floats. I hoped to get a list with all
tables, all figures and all other possible floats.That list would either be
sorted per chapter or sorted per float. However, I was not able to make it
work at all.

In the appendix, you can find my struggles.
First:
\placefloats does not work.

\placelistoffloats does not exist as a command

My solution is two seperate commands, one for the tables \placelistoftables
and one for the figures \completelistoffigures.

Question: how to use \placefloats correctly to get a list of all floats?

Second:

\startcombination[1*2] looks nice, but does not add information to the
\placelistoffigures .

My solution is to place the \startcombination inside a \placefigure.

Question: Is there a better way?

Kind regards, thanks,

Susanne