[NTG-context] preventing endnotes from running off the page

Robert Zydenbos context at zydenbos.net
Mon Aug 6 23:11:07 CEST 2018

Thank you for your sample, Pablo – because you left out something that I had wrongly included, and that evidently is what caused the trouble.

I had \footnote everywhere in my text and wanted not to change all of them to \endnote but, instead, I had put a \setupfootnotes[location=text] at the top of the file and a \placenotes [footnote] at the bottom, where I wanted the notes to appear. (Why? Because I could not figure out how to keep the proper font formatting if I used \endnote without adding an explicit font command at the beginning of each endnote.)

That apparently was a mistake. It was solved by \setupfootnotes[location=none].

Robert